Saturday 26 February 2011

Saturday ramblings

I am having one of those weeks, you know the kind, where you are just so down on yourself?

I feel constantly tired and this really affects my motivation.  Lack of motivation means I barely get the minimum done around the house and the washing in the basket seems to double in size.  Everything just seems to be so much effort, then I fall into bed and I can't sleep!  What the f**k is that all about?

Then I look in the mirror and give myself a hard time cos all I see is this exhausted, frumpy blob and I just want to crawl back under the duvet and sleep for a hundred years.



Thankfully the funk didn't last very long and by today, I am feeling so much brighter.  

The last two nights, I have had a house full of noisy teenagers who have entertained me with their stories and who have made me laugh so much.  It's been a while since we have had so many teens round as things became a bit complicated after Holly ditched her last boyfriend. You know how it is with a break-up, sadly you lose friends along the way.

To add to the fun, we have one of Holly's friends staying over for 10 days.  Dizz is such a scream and she has had us in hysterics this week with her antics on the computer, winding up Holly's boyfriend David, telling him that she loves Holly more than he does and that "she's MINE!".



Fortunately David gives as good as he gets and takes it all in good fun but it's been highly entertaining for myself and Holly.

Last night, she wanted time alone with David so that she could 'snog him' before his dad came to pick him up so I said she could leave her friends and be anti social for ten mins.  While she was out the room, I suggested that when the ten mins was up that we all go and bang on the kitchen door yelling for her "to put him down now"!!!  Tee hee hee, I am so wicked!



This morning I had to get Holly up early as she was going weasleing with Outfit Moray. It is a mixture of low level climbing and caving.  She has done it before so she was quite excited about it this morning. This is organized through Moray Young Carers, run by the Princes Trust. I think this is the one and only time my little 'duvet monster' doesn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming outta bed.




Holly has done loads of activities with Outfit Moray and it has had a profound affect on her confidence.  She had a total ball and couldn't stop talking about it.  They were so impressed with her that they invited her onto the Gordonstoun yacht, The Ocean Spirit and she spent a few days sailing around.  She didn't want to go at first but I accepted on her behalf cos I knew she would love it once she was there. Gordonstoun  is where Princes Charles,  Andrew and Edward went to school and not far from Elgin.

Gordonstoun School

I'll let you know how it went.



12 comments:

  1. hi Lyndy, glad your'e out of your funk. Hormones thats what I reckon lol

    Having the teens about sounds so much fun.I miss having a houseful. too quiet now.
    LOl at the snogging timer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. I swear my duvet has a voice and it calls to me - love the dang thing.

    Sounds like a fab' week - you can see the fun coming through. You need more days like that with the teenagers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you are feeling a bit brighter again! It's not nice when you feel like that, especially the no motivation bit! Holly's friend sounds a hoot, and I'm glad you're having such fun with the teenagers. The snogging bit reminded me of when my mum and dad would go to bed and myself and boyfriend (about 45 years ago!!) would be down in the lounge. All of a sudden, you would hear this bang, bang, bang on the ceiling (their bedroom was above the lounge), which meant "time to go", or more like "get him out - NOW!!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i blame lack of sun and a bit too much to drink on my funks...

    oh and my biorythms...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get times like that don't you.
    Hopefully now the lighter nighs are here things wil be better.
    Huh - nae luck - how many weeks till the exams start?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your downward period only lasted a short time. I come to your place to get pumped up girl so hang in there. What does Jack think of the girls in the house? At his age he probably really enjoys it. Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IWBY - me too! Hormones are a bummer eh
    Skippymom - yeah my duvet taunts me too lol
    Thisisme - ha ha ha I've done the banging on the roof thing too! Too funny
    Bruce - I think you are right about the sun, I definitely need some
    Julie - aye, I don't get them often but I hate it when I do
    Odie - they are quite rare and short so that's a plus :) Jack loves having teens in the house and he's not in the least bit fazed by the noise level either
    Ditz - it's fun fun fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of that sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you wish they sold "FunK Repellant"! I hate when I get like that but it seems to happen from time to time...I miss the days when my girls had a house full of friends spending the night and being crazy....so entertaining :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. спасибо было интересно прочитать

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jax - yeah she had a ball
    Chief aka Dad - that would be so cool! One spray and you're feeling better. I love having a house full of teenagers, so much fun :)
    Anon - you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...