Thursday 3 February 2011

Prayers for Chase and January Blues

When Holly came downstairs at about 11am this morning, she was smiling because I had music on and was singing along.  She commented on how nice it was to hear me singing along and at that moment it struck me that I haven't been doing a lot of singing lately.

It's been quite a few months since I have put a CD on and sung along which is shocking as my house is nearly always filled with music of some sort whether it be from the music channels, stereo, radio or Holly and I singing.

I hadn't realised until this morning that it had been missing from my life.  When you are on a constant roller coaster of emotions, something has to give and I suppose that was the one thing that stopped.  I obviously thought I was doing ok but I guess I have just been going through the motions, gently licking my wounds and trying to catch up on lost sleep over Christmas and New Year.  I haven't even been singing to Jack which is shocking cos he totally loves it.

I always know when he has had enough though cos he puts his hand over my mouth!  See that boy doesn't need to speak!

I think I had a touch of the January blues too so I am delighted that we are now into February and Spring is one step closer.  I just feel like I am constantly walking through treacle, a bit like trying to walk with someone hanging onto your leg and you're dragging them along! Holly used to do that all the time when she was little and didn't want me to go out.......obviously it didn't work.  Instead I would literally run down the path, shouting "freedom!".

This is when facebook and my blog are a huge help to me. On facebook there are members of the Unique support group whom you can chat to when you are having a bad day or will cheer my flagging spirits when Jack is going through a bad time just by commenting on my status updates. These are people, who like my blogging friends are located all over the world and we are united by a common bond.  Our precious children.

One such facebook friend, Shannon Wilson is having a very tough time at the moment.  Her son Chase is 3, has duplication of Chromosome 15 and he is in hospital right now with an infection in his brain and an excessive amount of seizures.  He did start to pick up but was taken back into the ICU again yesterday.  They live in Louisiana and although I feel totally helpless, all I can do is send her words of comfort to help her soldier on.  Sometimes that's all you can do.  I know from experience that those words of comfort really do help and although I am not a religious person, I do hope and pray that he will get better soon.

I think I would struggle without the support I have come to depend upon from my blogging friends too.  I met a friend this week, Moira, who can't get enough of my blog and gets withdrawals when I don't write anything for a few days.  Who knew that someone would get a kick out of my writing and enjoys it so much that she had to resist the urge to text me to find out why I hadn't written anything!  That did make my day, I have to say.

When I started writing this blog back in June 2010, I never expected anyone to read it. I just felt that as a carer you don't have a voice and I wanted mine to be heard! The one thing I did know was that I didn't just want it to be all about disability cos there is so much more to me and my life than that!

So those of you who do take the time to read my inane drivel, constant chuckling and rambling on, I applaud you cos you make my day and your comments are my very own form of therapy.  The only thing that would make it better would be comments with chocolate!!!  Ah but you can't have it all.










14 comments:

  1. I'll keep him in my prayers. I do miss music when I get caught up with other things because I love playing. I like to sing but I don't sound good so publicly I'll just stick to my flute.

    Your voice is a lovely thing to be heard.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your inane drivel :) hahaaha


    I know what you mean about the music.I have an ipod thingy and never charge it up.

    will keep your friends child in prayers,good vibes and buddah tummy rubbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never, ever call your blogs drivel. I stay entertained the whole time I am reading and always want to stay up what is happening with Holly & Jack. Don't even think about making us go through withdrawal, OK?
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I mentioned that I'm moving in with you? It may have slipped my mind...cause I AM 50 :-) Oh yeah...I like your blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once my twa are away, the dog is fed and I am having my 'yay peace' cuppa the first thing I do is to check if you have written another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditz - I love hearing the flute, so pretty
    IWBY - tee hee hee I love the thought of your Buddha tummy rubbing
    Odie - I promise I am not thinking about it....honest!
    Chief - lol 50 is the new 40 so that kinda makes you younger than me! I know you said you are moving in..........so where the hell have you got to????
    loonielass - awwww me and a cuppa, what more can a person want lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Prayers are with you .
    By the way let me introduce, i am your rival from the 'average girl'
    'he said..she said' he he..
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soorya - hi there, looking forward to a bit on banter and debate with you on 'average girl's' site very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never like it when i hear of one of our Unique kids not well.
    Inane drivel - never - good fun and laughs and a kick up the bum @ times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll certainly keep that little boy in my prayers. Your Blog is always a treat to read and it was good to hear that you are singing and listening to music again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie - me either, definitely lots of laughs
    Thisisme - thanks. I am so enjoying singing again :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore your blog and am so glad we found each other! As long as you keep writing, I'll keep reading.

    Chase is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that your friend and her son get through this. That must be agonizing.

    Singing outloud is wonderful though and everyone should do more of it. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JM - Ditto!
    Annah - I hope so too and singing is good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...