|it really is.|
There are rules to this award.
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.(Check)
2. Answer the 10 survey questions3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now? I don't blog anonymously and never thought to. My blog started as a way for me to talk about life with a disabled child but I wanted it to be more than just about that. I hope it is.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side. Me, stubborn?? Eh, never! lol I don't think I am stubborn but I am told I am, but only where it matters. Ok, here goes. The house I am living in now, the ex had to persuade me to buy it as I had a bad feeling about it, but it had a ground floor bedroom and bathroom for Jack so I gave in. Six months later I discovered he was having an affair, we split up and while divorcing he wanted the house sold so that he wouldn't have to pay for us to live there. The downstairs bathroom had been adapted for Jack by this time so I dug my heels in and eventually got to keep the house, with mortgage. It's an old house so sometimes, like when the roof was leaking, I wish I hadn't been so stubborn! Oh and the bad feeling went away after we split up!
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror? Lots of laughter lines around eyes that still sparkle with mischief! Like most women I have good days and bad days and that reflects in the mirror. I am curvier than I would like but hey I can still work it baby!
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink? Non alcoholic - ice cold sparkling mineral water. Alcoholic - Southern Comfort and Lemonade in a tall glass with lots of ice.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? Read, blog, sing at the top of my voice to music and boogie along to it in the kitchen!
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? I would like to write a book about my life, cos it has been a bit of a crazy one, even if it never got published. I also want to come up with a way to support myself and Jack when Father of the Year stops paying for his son.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching? I was very shy at school but with friends, also very funny. I was clever but school bored me and I only ditched it once cos I got the thrashing of my life for doing it! I left as soon as I could.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see? The absolute grief, pain and confusion I felt at the tragic death of my nephew, Derek, a month before his 11th birthday and watching my sister, his mum, close off and shut down and not be able to reach her just made it all the more painful.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events? I try to share as much of myself that is possible but there are some very painful moments in my life which I only just skim the surface of as I am not ready to share them yet but I will eventually, honest!
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? This is a hard one because I absolutely love to read but spending so much time at home means I am screaming for adult conversation at times. So I think that I would screen my calls while reading the book and if it is a friend then I would definitely pick up and chat to them, anyone else can forget it lol
Ok, phew, glad that bit is over cos it was severely taxing my brain!!!!
Now to pass it on. I award it to: Moannie at The View From This End
Anna at Hello World!
Julie at My Crazy Life
So I am off for a lie down now cos I am "coming over all unnecessary" as someone I know used to say! Haven't a clue what it means but it always makes me laugh!