Wednesday 12 January 2011

It's for me? Really!

My Saturday was going pretty well.  I met my friend Emma for lunch, then home for Jack.  Then my friend Marina, popped round for coffee in the afternoon and Holly came home from London, just after 6.  It was a good day but about to get even better cos when I logged into my Blog, I was mega chuffed to find that Jumble Mash had given me an award. Mega thanks JM. So people my day was complete and .............
it really is.



There are rules to this award.


1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.(Check)
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award


1.  If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this?  If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?  I don't blog anonymously and never thought to.  My blog started as a way for me to talk about life with a disabled child but I wanted it to be more than just about that.  I hope it is.
2.  Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.  Me, stubborn?? Eh, never! lol I don't think I am stubborn but I am told I am, but only where it matters.  Ok, here goes.  The house I am living in now, the ex had  to persuade me to buy it as I had a bad feeling about it, but it had a ground floor bedroom and bathroom for Jack so I gave in.   Six months later I discovered he was having an affair, we split up and while divorcing he wanted the house sold so that he wouldn't have to pay for us to live there.  The downstairs bathroom had been adapted for Jack by this time so I dug my heels in and eventually got to keep the house, with mortgage.  It's an old house so sometimes, like when the roof was leaking, I wish I hadn't been so stubborn! Oh and the bad feeling went away after we split up!

3.  What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?  Lots of laughter lines around eyes that still sparkle with mischief!  Like most women I have good days and bad days and that reflects in the mirror.  I am curvier than I would like but hey I can still work it baby!
4.  What is your favourite summer cold drink?  Non alcoholic - ice cold sparkling mineral water.  Alcoholic - Southern Comfort and Lemonade in a tall glass with lots of ice.
5.  When you take time for yourself, what do you do?  Read, blog, sing at the top of my voice to music and boogie along to it in the kitchen!
6.  Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? I would like to write a book about my life, cos it has been a bit of a crazy one, even if it never got published.  I also want to come up with a way to support myself and Jack when Father of the Year stops paying for his son.
7.  When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?  I was very shy at school but with friends, also very funny.  I was clever but school bored me and I only ditched it once cos I got the thrashing of my life for doing it! I left as soon as I could.
8.  If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?  The absolute grief, pain and confusion I felt at the tragic death of my nephew, Derek, a month before his 11th birthday and watching my sister, his mum, close off and shut down and not be able to reach her just made it all the more painful.
9.  Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?  I try to share as much of myself that is possible but there are some very painful moments in my life which I only just skim the surface of as I am not ready to share them yet but I will eventually, honest!
10.  If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?  This is a hard one because I absolutely love to read but spending so much time at home means I am screaming for adult conversation at times.  So I think that I would screen my calls while reading the book and if it is a friend then I would definitely pick up and chat to them, anyone else can forget it lol

Ok, phew, glad that bit is over cos it was severely taxing my brain!!!!

Now to pass it on.  I award it to: Moannie at The View From This End
                                                      Anna at Hello World!
                                                       Julie at My Crazy Life 

So I am off for a lie down now cos I am "coming over all unnecessary" as someone I know used to say!  Haven't a clue what it means but it always makes me laugh!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations my friend and don't forget to pop over to my blog and pick up the award I have for you there. Title is AWARD.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the Award lindylou. Well deserved, if I may say so! Loved your list of answers, especially the one where you hung on to that house. It must have been terrible to lose your nephew, Derek, like that, and then not to be able to comfort your sister. (((Hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok - thank you - i'll mosey on over and see what i can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another well deserved award. Thanks for sharing a little bit more about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award hun. You deserve it because your life is good! :)

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Odie - thanks, will do.
    Thisisme - the house, yeah, stubborn doesn't even begin to cover it!
    Julie - looking forward to it
    Jax - you're welcom
    Ditz - thank you muchly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyndylou. Thank you for thinking of me to share this award with you. But since I lost my Blog, and finally got it back, minus all the stuff on the sidebar, awards, pics, and...worst of all, my posts, I have decided I cannot give the time to the passing on bit, not being able to do justice to the honour. So many people decline.
    Also, I have to ask my daughter to do the 'linking' bits and she has her own full life.

    I love doing memes though-they do tend to help one out when the muse isn't working.

    Sorry...but truly, thanks for the honour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moannie - as I said on your blog, it's not a problem, just wanted you to know that I liked your blog :)
    And I hope you don't lose your blog again!

    ReplyDelete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...