Wednesday 2 March 2011

I can see sunshine

For the last two days running, Elgin has been bathed in sunshine.  I took Shiloh and Loki to the woods for their walk and they have had a great time.  All this sunshine totally lifts my mood.  I feel more energized and I am seriously thinking about investing in a laptop so that I can blog in the sunshine.

Torrieston Woods   (source)

My home computer, crashed and burned last week so I am relying heavily on Holly's laptop which is alright during the day but not so good at night, when she needs it for homework.  I find myself hovering and stalking her, waiting to pounce whenever she leaves it for a minute or two! Of course that just makes her take her time cos she knows I am itching to get my grubby paws on it, all the while laughing knowingly.  Evil!

source

Just to add to the fun, Marion, came in last night with her brand new ipad and I was smitten! Now I am not the most technically minded person, my phone is totally basic because I just can't make head or tail of all the extras and really don't have the time or the inclination to sit down and work it out or heaven forbid read the instructions!  I only ever read instructions when I am forced to, which is hardly ever cos I can usually work it out....not!  That is why I am so impressed by the ipad cos even a numpty like me can use it as it is so easy and has some amazing apps. I could feel my eyes go green with envy so I thought I had better hand it back, like a good little girl, before she had to wrestle me to the floor and prise it out of my slippery little hands.


I nearly had it for a few days too cos she left the house without it before I'd even noticed but then she came back for it...........damn! 

I have survived a week so far with two teenage girls in the house. It's no mean feat let me tell you cos they are loud! The only time they are quiet is first thing in the morning when the 'duvet monsters' crawl out all sleepy and sticky eyed.  I should take a photo of them, that'll wake them up! They even text each other when they are in the same room. What's that all about????

Monday night they were out of their boxes and jumping on the lid cos my niece Diane, who is a hairdresser, was round cutting our hair and she brought her very handsome fiancé with her.  Holly and Dizz changed before my eyes and became these two giggly girls, totally hyper and showing off for all they were worth. They didn't think I was onto them but I soooooooooo was.  I wasn't born this age ya know, I used to get silly like that at their age, you know, about 15 years ago or so, I have lost count!!!! Snigger snigger.

Jack's had quite a few seizures yesterday. Three of them were over 5 mins and he has been really restless the last few nights with cerebral irritation waking him up but not strong enough to show as a seizure.  I have a feeling that his seizures are about to go a bit nuts again but only time will tell.

Meanwhile, life is pretty damn good for now which is just as well cos Bruce@brucejohnsonJadip gave me an award.  Isn't it pretty? Thank you Bruce. Go check out his blog, you will get a good laugh and don't forget to tell him that I sent you.



This award comes with quite a few questions and since I have had it before, go here to see my answers and the rules attached. I know this award has been doing the rounds so I am gonna award this to anyone who fancies it and I look forward to hearing your answers.

Now I am off to jump into the shower as I am off to get some reflexology at the college today.  Oh bliss!

8 comments:

  1. Yes Lyndylou, I think Scotland is very much getting the best of our weather at the moment! Good for you. I'll just have to be patient for a little while longer. Glad that you have your Reflexology to look forward to, and I hope gorgeous Jack will be okay over the next few days with his seizures. Congrats on the Award by the way! I did laugh about the girls being out of their boxes and jumping on the lid! Haven't heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laptops are handy, dandy devices but my wife's notebook thingy is so small that you can't actually type. I have use the one finger method. Works in an emergency but otherwise they are an agrivation. Hope you are having a wonderful wednesday. As always, "Hey" to your awesome kiddos.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is beautiful!

    I love love love my iPad and use it way more than I use my laptop now. It's awesome, but not so much for blogging. It takes forever to type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! I've been curious about Ipads. I have a Kindle for reading and I LOVE it but I'm not sure if I also need an Ipad. I'm a staller with new electronics, you should have seen how long it took me to get a cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that you have sunshine, I wish it would come over here. So glad the girls are getting along so well. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thisisme - it must be a scottish saying!
    Odie - I don't think a notebook would be any good for me either
    JM - it looks like it will be a laptop then
    Nari - I was the same about a cell phone!
    Jax - yeah but today it is raining, that's what I get for bragging

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops, I pressed the wrong button and deleted my comment. Long and short of it is that I hope things even out a bit soon and that your son gets to see his sister in the play. Hugs. - G

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since I've hung out with a teenage girl...I need to do that soon.

    The Adorkable Ditz' Missteps

    ReplyDelete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...