Monday 13 June 2011

It's my anniversary!

A year ago today, I wrote my first post on this Blog. I actually set up the account on the 7th June but it took me 6 more days to pluck up the courage to write anything!

In the beginning my posts were short and without any pics cos I hadn't worked out how to do it but I soon learned through sheer trial and error.

After a few weeks I plucked up the courage to post it to Facebook and I got my first comments on the 16th July in response to something Holly had said.  There were only 2 but I was so so chuffed! It was another month before I got my next comments, mostly cos I wasn't continually posting to Facebook, just periodically because I was still unsure that people would be interested in what I had to say.

source

I originally started this blog as a way to have a voice and to test the water to see if I could write. As a carer, you have so little help. Cuts are made to vital services without barely a thought, respite is cancelled at a moments notice, fighting for everything you need to help you care for someone takes up a huge chunk of your time, then there are the endless multi agency meetings, hospital appointments, school reviews and the list goes on.  Then there is the caring.

Saying that, there is so much more to me and my life than caring. So yeah, there have been many posts where I have vented my frustration but equally there have been some posts where I have laughed my ass off at something that has tickled my warped sense of humour. My darling daughter Holly was often the focus as she was just so damn funny!

source

It amazed me when people started to Follow me and before long I was celebrating the fact that I had 10 followers. God I was so excited!!! You see, I am easy pleased. I now post on Facebook regularly and friends comment or stop me in the street to chat about it and I am always surprised that they have read it! Most of all, I am secretly delighted!  It was on the advice of Joanna, Jack's therapist that I added a subscriber button because she wanted to get it in her inbox but didn't want to open a Google account. A year on I have 95 subscribers and 90 Followers and that doesn't include the lovely people on Facebook who read it too.
You've no idea how much I appreciate you all.

source

I have had the pleasure of meeting so many people on Blogger from all over the world. Many I wish I could meet in person cos I think it would be a total scream! I have been given awards, nominated for Blogger Awards and have even done a few guest posts on other people's Blogs. It has been so much fun.

To celebrate I have a Giveaway planned which I will tell you about tomorrow because I have to be at Jack's school in half an hour, to show them how to put on his flying jacket....a what you say? Yeah well suffice to say there will be no Peter Pan impersonations done by Jackyboy today! Pics on the flying jacket to follow.

So Happy Birthday to The Giggle Fest, one year old today.






19 comments:

  1. congrats, Happy Bloggy Birthday Lyndy :)

    you have so many followers cos..you're an awesome person and an awsesome writer!!!


    mwa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Lynne and be sure to tell Holly that I was LMAO at her statement she made last year. I am still chuckling. You three have brought so much joy into my otherwise boring life. I started in May and you in June. We were right in there together girl. Say hey to Holly & Jack for me and can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bloggy birthday. So happy I found your blog and you are a truly inspiratonal lady.

    Cant wait to see the flying suit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! So cool. So h@ppy you did - & we @re frie*ds. Love you! Hugs :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy bloggie wotsit!!! You've given us a few giggles over the year and it's always interesting to read. Even if i do wee my pants!!

    Oh - sorry - just been told i wee my pants due to old age!! But it's nice to have someone else to blame the smell on!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your anniversary! I love blogging too because of the many wonderful people I have met. It has brought me so much happiness to communicate with friends like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1 Year Anniversary. Love your blog and you are a true inspiration to so many people. Your sense of humor is awesome. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi LyndyLou! Wishing you a very happy 1st bloggy anniversary. I think, like you, we all started off very tentatively, but now of course, there are no holds barred!! Hee Hee! It's wonderful just how many fantastic friends we have made all over the world, and I am so glad to be one of yours. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations :D I'm so glad I found your blog and I really look forward to every new post xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm so glad that I found your blog! I enjoy my visits here! Here's to a year gone by and to another year yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blog-a-versary!!!! 1 whole year brightening up the world with your lovely wit and humor! Keep em' coming :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday, it seems I am a bit over by eleven minutes my time on wishing you a happy birthday. I am so glad I found your blog or that you found mine not sure who found who first but I'm so glad I know you :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look where you are now with a heap of followers many of which propley feel like friends so good on you...........

    ReplyDelete
  14. woop woop, have a drink on me. Mwuahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hon, besides June 13 being your one year blogging anniversary I believe it was also a holiday, "Queen's Day" or something like that, in some places.

    Believe me, YOU are the queen that everyone should honor for your devotion to Jack and your Darling daughter Holly.....and for giving your readers an opportunity to cry and laugh with you. Thank you for that with HUGS AND SMOOCHES!

    Happy anniversary, and may you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary. newest follower from dishwaterdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. scholarships for minorities

    I care deeply for such info a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and [url=http://www.topics-info.com/reference-education/?p=29]Scholarships for Women Over 40[/url] good luck.| It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and [url=http://www.farnhamarchers.org/education/college/minority-women-scholarships-are-here-to-help]Scholarships for Hispanics[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  18. IWBY - thank you! You are pretty awesome yourself :)
    Lattejunkie - thank you
    Odie - I did tell her and she was chuffed that she made you laugh. Thanks for all your support my friend.
    Mynx - Ditto! Flying suit pics to follow :)
    SkippyMom - happy too my friend
    Julie - ha ha ha you should try Tenna Lady, that way at least you wont smell!!!!
    Belle - I love blogging too, so much fun and the added bonus is meeting some great people like yourself
    Bouncin' Barb - aww thanks, glad you get my warped humour :)
    Thisisme - so so true my friend
    Looking for Blue Sky - I'm glad I found yours too
    EmptyNester - Ditto, here's to another year
    Kellie - lol I will do my best
    Somnia - me too :)
    Jo-Anne Rambling - I know, I couldn't be more chuffed
    ThomasMcCool - lol slurp slurp thanks
    Don - oh wow, thank you for your lovely words, hugs and smooches to you too
    Lindsey - welcome to the madhouse, I am nipping over to check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...