Sunday 6 January 2013

So what does 2013 hold for you?

Happy New Year everyone.

Happy New Year

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and that 2013 will be good to you all.

Have you made any New Year Resolutions? I usually don't unless I know for sure I can follow through. This year I have made two promises to myself. One is to try and write more letters. That doesn't sound too difficult but when we are living in an age where sending a text or email is so much quicker, it's not as easy as you think. Plus I miss that buzz you get when an actual letter as opposed to bills, leaflets etc drops through your door. The last time I got regular letters was when I lived in Canada for 3 months and that was 14 years ago!

The second one is an idea I saw on Facebook. You basically take an empty jar at the start of 2013 and every time something good, happy or funny happens, write it down and pop it in the jar. Then at the end of the year, open it up and read all the great things that happened in the year. Simple but lovely.

We had a lovely Christmas. Going to Rachel House was just the tonic we needed before the madness began.    Christmas Eve was very chilled and we spent the evening watching our favourite Christmas film The Muppet Christmas Carol. I love the soundtrack and had been singing it for weeks much to everyone's disgust!

Holly and Jack both opened a present from under the tree on Christmas Eve a tradition in our family since I was little. Jack opened a present he was sent from Dreams for Emily in the USA. This is a charity set up by the parents of a child who has a similar diagnosis to Jack. For the last two years they have sent gifts at Christmas to children just like Emily. Such a brilliant thing to do.

Jack opening his gift from Dreams for Emily

Outside Rachel House....gorgeous eh

Holly opening her prezzies


Jack opening his presents

Holly helps her brother to open stuff

My two babies
It has been a fairly lazy two weeks and tomorrow Jack goes back to school so I have a list as long as my arm of stuff that "I must not FORGET" to send to school with him. Holly doesn't go back to Uni until the 20th so I am gonna spend as much time with her as possible and give her lots of hugs!

New Year is always a time to think about the future and I now have to seriously think about writing my book along with all the other stories that are rattling around inside my head. I have to stop worrying about whether or not people will read it and just DO IT! It truly is only me who holds me back.

So what are your plans for 2013?



30 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your Christmas pics! I also love your resolutions. Mine is weird...but it goes along with my husband's to eat much more raw fruit and vegetables everyday.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your resolutions...I could do with adding them to my list :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't thought too much, but i do notice a lot of people are talking about the Jar thing, so that's a possibility!
    And letters. Me Likey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will definitely be one of the recipients of my letter writing :)

      Delete
  3. I agree that the jar idea really is great. It seems to have appealed to so many people. Love seeing all your Christmas photos. I pray that you will all have a very happy, healthy and fulfilled new year, and I do hope that gorgeous Jack will have a much better year in 2013. Enjoy the rest of the time with Holly - I'm sure you will both make the most of it! I so agree with you about the letter writing. I used to love a handwritten letter or card coming through the letter box. It just doesn't happen these days, which is such a shame :( Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would happily write to you and I am so hoping for a far better 2013...surely it's not too much to ask? :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, how I have missed you and what a treat [that I finally posted] to see your comment.

    Holly and Jack look wonderful and I bet that Rachel house was just as you said, the perfect tonic. So glad you were able to go. ::big smiles:: best Christmas present ever I bet.

    Funny you said mention letters. Just today Pooldad and I were on a long a road trip home after dropping Squirrel back at Uni [too! our girls are so big, sniff, aren't they Lyndy?]Anyhoodle - I pulled out a pad of paper I always have at hand and started to write a letter to another Tadpole [Jeannie] I LOVE sending mail and receiving it, but understand if others are busy. Really the best part is sending it. There is something about pretty stationary, stamps and stickers. I love it all. I would happily write to you too if I had your addy. If you would like to email me it I would be thrilled to have it. Like I said, I don't expect anything back, but to send something over the pond to you would be awesome. And Jack and Holly too.

    And I LOVE the blessings jar. I had originally bought a tiny, really thin notebook to keep in my purse as I always seem to be sitting waiting somewhere so always have a moment to jot a thing or two. I decided to use that as my blessings book, but I like your idea even better, how fun! The kids gave me a china snowman jar/mug for Christmas so I am going to use that. Thank you so much for the idea. In fact, hearing from you is the first blessing I am putting in. YAY!

    Hugs always [and thx again for the comment] Love, Skippy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend I would love to get letters from you! I will email you with my address and look forward to getting a letter from you x

      Delete
  5. **not "said mention" - it should just say "mention" oops, got a little excited. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you and the kids had such a lovely holiday! And that Jack is heading back to school! That is great news!

    Love it that Holly is going to be home for a good bit before heading back to school herself. Wish I could get my son to stay home for more than an overnight so we could spend some MUCH needed time together as a family, but he has pussy on the brain - hope that doesn't offend lol but damn is it true. All he seems to do is follow the girlie friend to and fro - whatever she wants.. ugh...

    And you writing a book! That is a truly fantastic idea! Sign me up to read it!!

    I wrote three letters to include in my christmas cards this year and actually got three hand written letters back. All commented how nice it was to actually get a letter :)

    Thinking about you often and hoping you and the kids are doing well xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellie you made me laugh with your comment about your son chasing "pussy"! Hormones have such a lot to answer for don't they. I will make sure you get a chance to read the first draft of the book cos I need all the help I can get :)

      Letters are just a simple way to make people smile x

      Delete
  7. oh and damn forgot to mention.. No resolutions for me, but I do have a shit I want to get done list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you have Holly at home. I don't have any plans for 2013 other than working on my book and, I hope, editing other people's books.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie, I can't wait to read your book :) X

      Delete
    2. Thank you. You're such a sweetheart.

      Delete
  9. May 2013 bring much happiness and many letters to you, and your two precious children and may your "Happy Jar" overflow.

    Precious children have precious Mums.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very glad you had a good Christmas and can't wait to hear more about the book! I'll be reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely catch up post and great photos! Love the idea of the jar! Can't capture everything on the blog after all. Ooh, you're writing a book? Good for you...go for it!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sometimes we are bogged down in the everyday stuff so it's nice to be able to write down something everyday to record the good stuff x

      Delete
  12. Thank you SO much for your comment and happy to read your update♡♡♡
    May the year 2013 be happy one for all your family!

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Miyako. I hope you have a really good year x

      Delete
  13. Hi Lyndylou, I've wandered over and will now be subscribing to your blog - in a way, blogs are like the 'jars' aren't they? I often use mine to mention the funny, touching, weird, perplexing or precious aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Welcome to my madhouse :)

      Delete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...